Friday, May 18, 2012

A basket for me and A basket for you!

Stopped at my first garage sale of the summer yesterday.  Glad I did!  Mixed in with several China baskets I spied this gem.  

Made from ash this basket features 3 blue rows and a hand carved handle.  The handle is worn smooth and feels like silk in my hand.  

The bottom of the basket looks moldy in this photo, but it's really scorch marks - love it!  Was it sitting on a wood stove sometime in its past?   


 
$1.00!

At the same sale, I picked up this antique wooden bowl.  These pictures are after I cleaned it up a little.

The bottom of the bowl has several surface cracks in it - just the way I like them - nice and prim. 

$4.00

If I don't find any more treasures all summer, for the $5.00 I spent on these 2 I won't be able to complain.

Be sure to visit my 1803 Ohio Farm Baskets blog and sign up for the basket I'm giving away.  There's a link to this blog on my right sidebar.  

Have a great weekend.
~Ann

21 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some real treasures! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEALOUS!!!!! WOW!!!!! best $5.00 you ever spent. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sometimes amazed at the quality things people get rid of. You rescued two wonderful treasures!!--Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your findings!!! Both are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Great finds!!!

    Love that bowl!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bowl is beautiful! Great finds!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky THANG! LOVE them both! And for $5 - yikes....SCORE!! I believe I could go to garage sales here for the rest of my days and not find one comparable treasure.....Every year I get excited for the season, and after a month or two of baby clothes and left-over Avon inventory, I just give up.... :o( Happy Weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice find. I would have quickly snatched those up myself. Glad they found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a find! Love them both and the patina is amazing on both of them

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow,what a find! lucky you. denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann ~
    Congrats on your new/old treasures!!!
    Happy weekend.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds!!

    Enjoy your weekend~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bowl is really beautiful. What great treasures you found. It's the thrill of finds like these that keep us going back. I am so excited for you. Have a great weekend. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous finds! I love that wooden bowl! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi, Ann~ wonderful finds~ you have an eye for the goodies~
    have a great weekend~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! What a great bowl! The basket for $1 is a deal but $4 for the bowl is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ann, What great baskets!! You know my weakness for old baskets (and new ones, LOL) I want to follow you where you shop!

    Thanks for sharing your treasures.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Awesome prices girl, very envious here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I'm so happy to "meet" you through blog land. ~Ann