On a cold, windy Saturday in March, we stopped at our first auction for the year. I wasn't really sure I wanted to stop, the house was a DUMP but my husband persuaded me and this is one of 2 pieces of furniture that I picked up that day.
The marbled doors are actually contact paper - didn't realize that until I got home. Started thinking about having punched tin panels custom made for the doors...
The drawer fronts had a lovely art deco design routered into them and beautiful handles! (sorry I'm just kidding - UGLY!)
For some reason, the shelf inside was cut in half, so the left side didn't have a shelf. Lots of extra contact paper and something wrapped in tin foil under the right side shelf.
A very nice surprise when I unwrapped the foil package. It was the door panels! Not crazy about them yet - the tin punched panels still sound really good!
We spent the better part of today finishing this piece so it was house ready. Over the summer when we had time, we worked on preparing it in the garage, so today it was just the finishing to tackle.
We painted the inside with left over paint from some project or another, can't even remember! Good use of left overs. Our 10 year old even did some painting in there - he loves to paint.